A blog about food, beauty, curls and everyday living.

Wedding Series - Mirror Table Plan

The table plan was one of my favourite projects and actually didn’t require too much time, artistic ability, or even many materials - especially if you use a mirror that you already own (yes, I did have a huge mirror-shaped space on the wall in my lounge for several weeks before the wedding).


 

Materials:

2 cans of matte white spray paint
Ruler
Sellotape
4 sheets of A4 card
Liquid chalk pen (bought from a small DIY store)

 

Method:

Begin by making sure that the mirror is large enough for the amount of guests you are seating (I had 84 guests seated in a horseshoe shape but you could easily do this with circular tables). One tip I could offer is to use a mirror that matches the shape of your actual venue space.

*My mirror was originally black so I spray painted it white, covering the edges of the mirror with masking tape. I left this to dry for a few hours and then began making the template for the tables.

 Create your template using thick card. For me this meant piecing together one 30cm x 7cm rectangle and two 64 x 7cm. I needed 32 names along each length of the template so 64cm was enough for each name to take up 2cm.

Lightly stick the template to the mirror using a few pieces of rolled sellotape (majority of stickiness removed on the back of your hand) and make sure it is positioned correctly before you begin drawing.
Draw round the template with liquid chalk (I also used a ruler for this) and peel the template away. If you make any mistakes, the liquid chalk can be removed with glass cleaner and a rough cloth.

Before you begin to write your names on to the mirror, map out where each name will be. I simply placed a little sellotape at each space as a marker (and to check that they would all fit) then copied each name over from a plan I had drawn in a notebook. 


 I loved how it looked so much that even now, some five months after the wedding, I just can’t bring myself to scrub it off! The mirror is now back in its rightful place in my lounge...still resembling a table plan, but not planning on reverting any time soon. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature