A blog about food, beauty, curls and everyday living.

The Best 2016 Planner – The Mindfulness Colouring Diary

Have you heard the hype about adult colouring books?  No?  Oh, you’ve been living under a rock too then. It’s a hobby I had heard others talk about but one that I never really understood...until now.


I received this adult colouring book for my birthday in early January. My immediate thought was “when on earth do I have time to sit and colour?” but what makes this particular book so clever and unique  is that it is masquerading  as an ‘oh so grownup’ yearly planner. How many times do you sneak a peek at your diary each day right? So there is always opportunity (and sometimes even an excuse) to reach for this book.

‘Mindfulness’ has become somewhat of a buzz word lately, and for very good reason; it’s about time we all got on board with this notion of caring for our own mental and emotional well-being. The purpose of these books is to offer ‘a daily window of peace and calm’ whilst filling the pages with colour.


I have fond memories of colouring as a child and when I found out that in some parts of the world, adult colouring books sell faster than cookbooks I knew that I had to give it a try. I’m not quite at the stage where I’m comfortable to whip out my colouring pencils on a busy train but I have really enjoyed the whole ‘ritual’ of making a cup of tea and spending 10 or so minutes colouring whilst I ‘diarise’ (great word!).

I am confident that colouring will become the new doodling - and no one judges a doodler do they? Maybe soon we will all be colouring on the train home.  And who knows, maybe someday colouring will even take the place of smartphones ...

or maybe not.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature