A blog about food, beauty, curls and everyday living.

My Current Skin Saviour for Acne Prone Skin – Glycolic Acid

Having had (almost) perfect skin as a teenager, you can imagine my horror when I awoke one morning two years ago, well in to my twenties, with full blown cystic acne! Of course, with it being my first encounter with problematic skin, I had zero knowledge of what to do, or which products to turn to in this kind of situation. I couldn’t believe it – my skin had just turned against me and the more I washed and scrubbed at it, the worse it became!

I had no choice but to go to my GP, and following a three-month long course of mild antibiotics - and paring my skincare routine right back - I managed to calm my skin and get it back to what I qualified as ‘normal’. Okay, so it was no longer ‘perfect’, and I still have spotty days (or weeks), but I feel that I know and understand my skin better than ever. 

The two main discoveries I made were that - 1) for me, diet has a huge impact on the clarity of my skin, and 2) acids have changed my life! Specifically speaking- glycolic acid has changed my life.



It consists of 60 daily exfoliating cleansing pads, soaked in glycolic acid to resurface and improve skin tone. The product contains a rather decent  amount of glycolic acid (2.8%), which means that one pad provides a gentle ‘tingle’ on the skin without harsh stinging or irritation. The additions of hyaluronic acid and blue daisy leave the skin soft and plump. The main selling point of this product is that it actually works! My skin was noticeably clearer after just a week, and even felt moisturised. I continue to use it over a year later and I honestly notice a difference if I ever take a break from using it (only because I have been lured in to a false sense of security).


One tip I can offer is to use the textured side of the pad first to gently buff over problem areas, and then flip the pad over and swipe all over the face and neck, avoiding the eye area. That way, you can really target the areas you want before moving on to the rest of your skin.


If my skin is particularly spotty, I use it both morning and evening, in place of the ‘toner’ step in my routine. But whilst browsing in Boots last weekend, I noticed that NIP+FAB have formulated an ‘extreme’ version of these pads to be used at night, containing a whopping 5% glycolic. Seeing as my skin had adapted so well to this particular acid, I am very tempted by the idea of stepping it up to the next level...
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature